BCCS will hold spring auditions for new singers on May 14th and 21st, 2013 for the groupís 2013-2014 season. Auditions will be held prior to regular rehearsals at the Choral Societyís rehearsal home, Lenape Valley Presbyterian Church, located at 321 West Butler Avenue in New Britain, PA. There are openings in all sections for singers with prior choral experience and very good music reading skills.
Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings from 7:30-10:00 at Lenape Valley Presbyterian Church, in New Britain, PA.
To arrange an audition with the Choral Society, please contact us via the Audition Form
at the bottom of this page. All fields, except for "Other Comments",
are required. If you are having trouble with the Audition Form, please make your request by
leaving a message for the Auditions Coordinator at 215-598-6142. We will contact you as soon
as there is an opening in your voice part.
Expectations for prospective singers (for full season regular membership):
Auditions will consist of:
- To be sufficiently fluent in music reading to be able to learn music independently and not exclusively by ear
- To have at least two years experience singing in a community, school, or church choir that regularly performs classical style repertoire
- To be available for weekly Tuesday night rehearsals (7:30-10:00pm) from September through June at
Lenape Valley Presbyterian Church, located at 321 West Butler Avenue in New Britain, PA.
A maximum of two missed rehearsals is allowed during each concert period. Singers may be excused in
advance from a single concert period because of work or family obligations.
- To pay annual dues of $125 and agree to cover the cost of your individual music, which is ordered for you by BCCS.
- Vocalizing up and down your range
- "Tonal memory" exercises (hearing a 4-note melody on the piano and then singing it back)
- Sight-reading exercises
- Performing a song, aria, or hymn of your choice
Qualified current Junior and Senior high school students are welcome to audition for BCCS,
but only with their school choir director's approval and certification
that the BCCS schedule would not conflict with their school choir's schedule.